Onda - Targeted Fat Reduction
Are you struggling with stubborn pockets of fat that you just can’t seem to budge? Or frustrated with cellulite or saggy skin?
Tackle all three concerns with Onda, the revolutionary, medically based system with a triple effect in one procedure;
- Fat reduction
- Cellulite reduction
- Skin Tightening
This procedure is exclusive to The MacMurray Centre.
What is Onda?
Onda is the world’s first and only device to use the revolutionary Coolwave™ technology. These unique Coolwaves™ by-pass the top layers of the skin delivering heat directly to fat cells, breaking down the cell membrane and stimulating the production of new collagen.
Onda’s different hand pieces (which look like an ultrasound handpiece) differ in their depth of action, designed for different areas of concern; including the stomach, thighs, buttocks, back and arms.
- Non-surgical, painless with no recovery time
- Noticeable results after only one session
- Treatments take only 20-30 minutes per area
- Usually only 1-2 treatments needed.
How does Onda Work?
Coolwaves™ are delivered to the subcutaneous fat cells which dissolves localised fat deposits. These cells are then naturally metabolised and eliminated by the body. CoolwavesTM also target the connective tissue to cause ‘orange peel’ fibres in the dermis to contract and then diffuse, making tissue more compact, even and smooth. Collagen fibres are also stimulated, making skin firmer, tighter and more toned.
What is the preparation for Onda?
- You will need to stop using moisturiser on the areas to be treated at least one week before the Onda session.
- You will need to drink 2 litres of water per day – the day before, the day of the treatment, and the day after. This is help the body flush out the fat cells.
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory drugs with steroids one week before the treatment, and also one week after.
- Shave any dense hair on the area to be treated to improve contact of the handpiece on the skin.
How is Onda performed?
A series of photographs will be taken before and after the session, to record the effectiveness of the treatment. The skin surface will be prepared and marked out into 15 x 15cm areas. With localised fat, we will take a measure of the skinfold. A thin film of oil will be applied to the area to allow the handpiece to glide easily. Our technician will move the handpiece in a continuous action over the skin, with each 15 x 15cm area taking approximately 10 minutes to treat.
We can treat up to eight 15 x 15cm areas in a session. The area/s will then be gently massaged immediately after the treatment for 1-2 minutes to encourage natural drainage of destroyed fat cells away from the body tissue through the lymphatic system. You should avoid direct exposure to the sun for 2 days.
Which areas CAN be treated with Onda?
- Under arm
- Back fat
Which areas CAN’T be treated with Onda?
- Head and neck
- Chest (breast and décolletage)
- Varicose veins
- Tissue with less than 1cm of fat
- Any area with metal or plastic implants/prosthetics, plates or screws
- Tattoos (as some pigments may be metallic)
When can I expect results from Onda?
You can expect to see some results after the first session, but typically 2-4 sessions are necessary for effective treatment of fat cells, whereas results on cellulite and skin tightening may be evident after 2 sessions.
The minimum interval between Onda sessions is 3 weeks for cellulite and skin tightening, and 4 weeks for fat treatment.
What are the potential side effects?
Mild side effects may include some temporary itching, numbness, tenderness, redness, swelling on the treatment area. These are usually short-lived and resolve within a few days of treatment.
If the skin is slightly pink or red following treatment, you should avoid having hot showers/baths until the pinkness disappears.
Safety and Suitability
The Onda Targeted Fat Reduction system is a safe, effective and non-invasive treatment.
Your initial consultation will assess whether this treatment is suitable for you.
Onda treats localised fat and is not designed for treating obesity (BMI greater than 30)
You should NOT have Onda if you have any of the following:
- Cardiac disorders/pacemakers/ICD
- Severe vascular diseases
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Kidney and liver failure/dysfunction
- Unstable Diabetes type I and II
- Infectious diseases (especially hepatitis B and C)
- Blood clotting disorders
- Transplanted organ
- Cancer in progress or in the last 5 years