About Bowel Cancer
After graduating from Otago University in 2006, Judy completed physician and specialist gastroenterologist training in 2015. She subsequently undertook fellowship focussing on intestinal failure and multivisceral transplant at the renowned Cambridge University Hospital, before returning to New Zealand.
Judy’s expertise includes diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, inflammatory bowel disease, intestinal failure, coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and gastroesophageal reflux disease. She is one of the leading pioneers to perform Stretta procedures in New Zealand. Judy has a particular interest in the care and support of inflammatory bowel disease patients.
Judy’s dedication to the medical profession is reflected in her role as a respected mentor to physician trainees and junior colleagues, as well as her commitment to teaching. Judy holds important educational appointments as the convenor of New Zealand’s Introduction to Endoscopy Course and also the Endoscopy Training Lead at Middlemore Hospital.
- Endoscopy – diagnostic and therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease including Stretta
- Capsule endoscopy
- Colorectal cancer
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis
- Liver disease
- Intestinal Failure
- Coeliac disease
- MBChB (Otago), FRACP
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, Middlemore Hospital
- Current Endoscopy Training Lead, Middlemore Hospital
- Previous New Zealand Society of Gastroenterology elected executive member
- Undergraduate: Otago Medical School 2006
- FRACP Advanced Physician and Gastroenterology Training: 2015 New Zealand
- Senior Clinical Fellow in intestinal failure and multivisceral transplant at Cambridge University Hospital, United Kingdom
- New Zealand Society of Gastroenterology ( NZSG)
- Professional member of Crohn’s & Colitis New Zealand (CCNZ)
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)